Sunnah practices for Eidul Fitr
1. To wake up as early as possible.
2. To take a Ghusl (Bath).
3. To use the Miswaak.
4. To apply Itr (perfume).
5. To wear one’s best clothes (not necessarily new), ensuring that it conforms to the Shariah (Sunnah dress).
6. To eat something sweet (eg. dates) before the Eid Salaah.
7. To perform Eid Salaah at the Eid Gah (Eid Musalla).
8. To discharge “Sadaqatul Fitr” before the Eid Salaah.
9. To choose a separate route when returning from the Eid Gah.
10.To walk to the Eid Gah. However, there is no harm in using a conveyance if the Eid Gah is at a distance.
11.To recite Takbeer en route to the Eid Gah (softly for Eid-ul-Fitr).
The Night of Eid
This night has been named in a Hadith as the Night of Reward (Lailatul Jaiza). It is desirable to perform nafl prayers on this night.
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam has stated:
“Whoever stands up (in worship) in the nights preceding the two Eids expecting reward from his Sustainer, his heart will not die when the other hearts will die.” (Ibn Majah)